North Walsham Mothers Union
The Aim of the Society is the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
In order to carry out its Aim, its Objects are:
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
We meet as a branch every month on the second Tuesday (except August) at 2.30pm in the St Nicholas Room (behind the Church). Each meeting begins with a short service followed by a varied programme of speakers, quizzes etc. Visitors and new members are always welcome.
On the first Thursday of every month we hold a Tea Cake afternoon from 2 – 4pm in the St Nicholas Room and a warm welcome awaits anyone who wants to come for conversation and refreshments.
Members assist at baptisms and also send cards for the first 4 anniversaries of the child’s baptism. They also provide the refreshments in the St Nicholas Room after the monthly pram service for pre-school children which is held on the second Thursday of the month at 2pm in the Church.
If you have had your child/children baptised at St Nicholas in the last 4 years and have moved please could you let us know because we would like to continue sending your child/children an anniversary card. (Please contact Stephanie Cooper, Ann Herd or Audrey Woods).